Thursday, March 25, 2010

I can bake too!

After multiple attempts baking ready-to-bake cake mixes, I finally worked up my courage to attempt the Moist Honey Cake recipe (from scratch) which my friend, Nisha had put up on her blog - http://mykitchenantics.blogspot.com/2010/03/oh-honey-honey.html

Inspite of all my attempts to botch it ( I was so engrossed in using my new measuring cups that I passed over the rest of the metric system- forgot to convert Centigrade to Fahrenheit and ended up broiling the cake for a good 40 min. i was completely clueless when the fork i inserted came out cleanly since the cake was still in liquid state. finally caught on and then hiked up the temp n had the cake made in a total of 1:20 min),...ok let me continue; inspite of my (innocent) attempts to botch it, the cake came out so well, that I m eternally indebted to Nisha for the rest of my life. U see, the look on Sathiq's face after he tasted it was something I had never seen before ;)

to celebrate, i treated myself to Julie and Julia, a wonderful finale to my great day. I ended up identifying so much with Julia during the movie which i think marks a great movie. u see i m also in my late twenties, in and out of work, so caught up in trying to figure out what i want to do in life. All the while totally forgetting to appreciate the loving, constant surety in my life, my husband. so yesterday marked a change in my usual life pattern, where i made it all about appreciating sathiq. and to be honest, i found out i like giving a lot more than taking :)

i m not sure how long i will be in this state of mind. given what i know of myself, i will lapse into my self-centered, patronizing, demanding way of mind more often than not. But at least i will do a self-introspection often to see if i m taking the time to enjoy my life, the way it is.

No comments: